The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cache as site pref Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I switch my cache settings back and forth. Sometimes I'm happy with it caching (when I'm surfing) and sometimes I want no cache (when I'm working.) Suddenly it struck me (no, didn't hurt,) that it would be sweet to have the cache setting work as a site pref.

Maybe even a setting like "never cache this site." No clue how much work this would be, but it would certainly come in handy for me.

YES! YES!

Two "yes" votes because ...

1. When I'm developing a site, the cached copy of my local site or the uploaded site is often obsolete.

2. It takes care of my dislike for 5.5 snapshots of highly volatile sites.

In both cases, I'm currently wearing out my Refresh button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
Maybe even a setting like "never cache this site." No clue how much work this would be, but it would certainly come in handy for me.
Yes, I'd like to see something like this too; basically you're asking for the History:Validate cached content preference option (which controls the 'aggressiveness' of caching) to be available on the Site Preferences panel, and for there to be an new option in that menu, for 'Never'.

Obviously this would be useful for developers, and generally for news sites etc.