The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus and Fantastical Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
Fantastical (the calendar app from Flexibits) just made an update which give the ability to see reminders from iCal. Does such integration could be possible in the future with Omnifocus? This would be nice and could nicely serve the same purpose as the Forecast view from iOs.

Technically the two could already work together if Omnifocus sync with iCal but from my understanding this doesn't work well if iCal use iCloud and the sync with iCal function will disappear in the foreseeable future....

Anyway just an idea, two nice apps working together...

I don't see how this could serve the same purpose as the Forecast view from iOS. The iOS Forecast view pulls events from the calendar(s), which is different from pulling tasks from Reminders. Or am I missing something?

To me this would achieve the same purpose but instead of a reminder apps pulling calendar events it would be a calendar apps pulling reminders. Of course to enjoy this you would need to have both apps. I don't know if you're familiar with Fantastical but have a look at the screenshot, providing the reminder would be the ones from Omnifocus this would pretty much present you with the same info you get from the forecast view....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-05-31 at 21.12.37 .png
Views:	6099
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	2416  

OK, I see what you mean now-you want to see a forecast view in Fantastical instead of in OmniFocus. I am familiar with Fantastical as I have been using it since it was first released. I find it useful to pop-up Fantastical while in OmniFocus to give me a "forecast" view. It works well enough, although I expect that we will need to wait for OmniFocus Mac to be updated to get a forecast view that is comparable to what we have on iOS.