The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

'Due and unflagged' -- how will you use it? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Assuming you do use it. Talk amongst yourselves. Just curious.

Lately I've been using flagged to indicate things I'd *like* to do today.

Bob

The view-bar re-arranging we did in v1.8 made a lot of folks happy, but it didn't support this specific combination of filter settings, which were possible in version 1.7 and earlier.

At least one customer used it for a perspective that showed "I should do this soon, but not today" tasks. (The tasks for today were flagged.) They really felt like they couldn't upgrade to later versions unless that filter became possible again, so we gave them their feature back. :-)

I too use them the same way. I was over-doing due dates, which made my "Due" list very long, which caused me to become numb to my "Due" list and ignore my other context lists. So now I try to reserve "Due" to really really really must be done on that date. Flags are for "you should really get these done soon, but if they slip it's OK".