The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Turning Off bullet points when printing? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I am using OO pro for law school, and I have "harvardized" outlines for class. This may be an easy question, but can you turn off the bullet points that automatically print when you have the harvardized numerals (II., A., 1., etc.)? I would like to only have those numerals print.

Thanks for any help!

You can turn them off when you print by unchecking the "Print row handles" box in the print dialog settings. You'll have to do this every time you print though.

If you don't want them to ever print and don't need to see them on the computer either, you can hide the handles. To do this, open the utilities drawer, select 'Whole Document' from the style palette of the drawer, and then in the Row: Advanced inspector select 'Never' for Show Handles.

Let me know if you have any questions about this. Thanks!

There's a nice compromise solution, too: instead of turning row handles off completely, set them to show only for the row the mouse cursor is over. Then there's nothing printed, and you don't see them except when you need them. For extra style points, make a new document template with that setting and it will be set that way by default.

I knew it would be something simple! Thanks so much for the help, that works perfectly.