The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cannot get through first sync with iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I have followed the procedure here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...4087#post44087

and Omnifocus on my iPhone says "Fetching remote database" for a long time (minutes) before reverting to the Omnifocus setup panel.

My Omnifocus build:
Build details:

Product: OmniFocus-1.5
Tag: OmniFocus/1.5/GM-v77.13.4
Date: 2008-11-19 15:36:07 -0800
Builder: kc
Host: tb104i.private.omnigroup.com
Revision: 107002

Mac OSX 10.5.6 on a MacAir
On iPhone: 1.2 (v77.15.0.108225)

Please help: I really love Omnifocus!

You'll definitely want to get in touch with the support ninjas so they can help with this. We can collect some information about what's going on in the sync step-by-step, but it tends to be more data than fits well in a forum post.

I'm having the exact same issue. My omni file is only 18.9 mb. I can get it to sync through bonjour, but MobieMe it seems to be stuck

Only 18.9 MB? Do you have a lot of files embedded in there? That's about 6x the size of my database, and there are 4,884 actions at the moment. I've successfully synced via MobileMe with a database that the Finder reported as large as 75 MB, but it was very painful. Depending on what is making the database so large, you could be running out of RAM. It might be worth trying the operation again after powering down the iPhone (hold the top button until you get the red power off slider). Running the Archive Old Data command might also help (I had to do so when I first started using the iPhone app).

Probably the easiest solution is to summon the aid of the support ninjas as suggested in Brian's post and have them take a look with you. If the database isn't supposed to be so large, they can help you compact it, remove unwanted attachments, etc. Phone number is 1-800-315-OMNI if you prefer to talk.

Thanks for the advice. I was wrong, my database is 1.2:) Might have been my iPhone. I just did a clean reinstall of everything, and now it's working great.

Last edited by robfrommars; 2010-01-14 at 05:58 AM..