The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do you get output from OF? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ok, this may be a show stopper for me on whether I keep OF or ask for a refund: Can I email a list of tasks from OF?

You can email a task but that appears to be all you can do to extract info from OF. You cannot even email a task group; you only get the top task.

I know about the link in that email that enables the recipient, if they have OF, to import that task.

If I am managing projects for a customer and I have all these tasks arranged in these projects, and they ask to see the tasks, how can I produce a list.

Is there a way to get a hierarchical list out of OF?

Thanks

May not be ideal, but you can print to PDF directly to an email attachment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfrommars View Post
May not be ideal, but you can print to PDF directly to an email attachment.
On the Mac, yes, but on the iPad?

You could bring up the project in portrait orientation (to hide everything else and get the most rows possible), take a screenshot by pressing home and sleep buttons simultaneously, then mail the screenshot. I would agree that this also might not be viewed as ideal :-)

We'll generally clean up spam posts once we discover them; it's always helpful when folks use the "Report Spam" button to give us a heads-up about ones they find.

Responding to a spam post, though, bumps the thread to the top of the 'updated recently' list, and makes it more likely that other visitors will see the spam. If the spam link is quoted in the reply, that's another place we'll need to find and clean up their link spam.

(Depending on the forum style you have active, the report post button either looks like a "Kick Me" sign, or a red triangle.)

Oh man, I think my post came across wrong. It's no big deal - just was explaining why I was editing the thread and your post. Apologies!

No, don't worry, you're right - it must be a pain cleaning out all the rubbish.