The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exporting Multi Columns Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I have a five column OOP document that I am trying to export to MSWord 97 for a client (the clients document system is unable to process PDFs). I have the exports plugin and have tried the various options but as yet I have been unable to get an import that is of any use. Either I loose the tiered entries of the first column or the other four columns become mangled.

Can any one help?

Simon

Hi Simon, have you tried exporting to RTF? That is probably the best option aside from HTML.

Derek,

I have tried RTF and it is 80% useful. Two problems exist: the first is where the line wraps occur in the first column; the second is that notes do not wrap with the item they are associated with. My work flow is to export to RTF, then import into Nisus writer pro, set the page to A4, and Landscape, then select all the text and set the font size to 9 point, then move the tab stops that govern where the checkbox and other column data appears. Finally I save the document as a MSWord .doc and load it into Word to check.

I am trying to figure out how the column width that I set in OOp is exported in RTF.

I have also tried CSV into Excel which gives a lot of control over the final text but looses the parent child indenting and any line numbers. If I can discover how to extract the line numbers as text using applescript I may attempt to write my own CSV exporter.

Simon

Hi, I had the very same issue some time ago. You can have a look at a post called "Copy Column" (or something similar). Omni developers posted an easy AppleScript there, which allows you to copy single columns into a new OO file. By way of exporting single columns from the newly created OO files you'll be able to retain all your information and import it again into a different format. It's only a workaround, maybe a little slow, but it worked for me.