The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

A Better Way to Organize Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi,

I have been successfully using GTD for several years and OF for the past year. As soon as the iPhone app came out I got it but I find I do not use it that much and the reason is I have not been able to find a way to set up my OF to work with the iPhone app.

Let me explain. I am a consultant. I have quite a few clients and each may have several ongoing projects that I am managing. Within OF, I am using a folder for each client and within those folders, I have used standardized project names where I can, and so on. For me this is intuitive and has worked well.

On the iPhone app, I cannot find a way to display folders. I can only see projects and tasks and this does not work well when I am away from my computer.

Is anyone aware of a better way to approach this? I tried to lose the folders and modified each project name to include a client reference but that was a bit cumbersome.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.