The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OF 1.7.5 creates ghost window in Expose Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
ifonline, is OmniFocus an active window when you call Expose - Show All Windows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by makesense View Post
I installed 1.7.5 and 1.8 on two brand-new MacBook Pro's version 7.1, fully updated.
I installed 1.7.5 and 1.8 on three 'clear' virtual machines. Every time I get this ghost window right out of the box.

Would you please specify, do you use Growl? It is something I have not tried yet.
Yes, I use Growl, but I fail to see how this affects the issue. According to what Ken said (and he also said that they'd be willing to look into it, but that it's not a high priority being rare and not affecting data integrity), the issue is with Apple. If you don't believe him, maybe you can try installing OF on a Mac running Leopard or any pre-Snow Leopard version of OS X and see if you still encounter the issue. FYI, I'm not sure what you meant re the Quick Entry window, but I tried using Exposé while having QE window open and I still don't have an issue.

Cheers,

Sorry, I don't want to be rude. I'm new to Mac and I'm new to OmniFocus. Some things that may be obvious to you may require learning and understanding on my side.

hypotyposis, re Quick Entry window: I meant that the form of the ghost window I get very much resembles the form of Quick Entry window. I suggested that this may be interrelated.

UPD: Played with height-width of the Quick Entry window - ghost is not affected.

Last edited by makesense; 2010-09-10 at 11:22 AM..

I'm also a member of the camp that has not seen this issue with Snow Leopard or Leopard. I use Growl, I don't use Spaces.

Ah, I just figured out how to make it happen, though it isn't with Show All Windows, it's by clicking and holding on the OmniFocus icon in the dock until the little "menu" pops up. I think your big blob is just the highlighting for one of the menu choices, drawn bigger and in the wrong place. I get one or the other as I move the mouse around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I'm also a member of the camp that has not seen this issue with Snow Leopard or Leopard. I use Growl, I don't use Spaces.

Ah, I just figured out how to make it happen, though it isn't with Show All Windows, it's by clicking and holding on the OmniFocus icon in the dock until the little "menu" pops up. I think your big blob is just the highlighting for one of the menu choices, drawn bigger and in the wrong place. I get one or the other as I move the mouse around...
Funny, still can't reproduce it...

Well, I'm going to take that back a bit, as the position of the blob moves about as one might expect if it represented a window (if you have more windows open in OmniFocus, that is). It doesn't look so much like the quick entry window to me, though, it just looks like the blue outline drawn around/behind a roughly 100x200 pixel window.

I used to see this ghost but do not now (OF 1.8, OS 10.6.4).
I thought it might be related to the bad Spaces-related QE window behavior (seen only the first time it invoked after launch) but alas, that is not fixed either.

Edit: the ghost is still there but as makesense points out it is only visible when the cursor hovers.

Last edited by pjb; 2010-09-11 at 06:29 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotyposis View Post
Funny, still can't reproduce it...
You're not alone. No matter what I try, I can't get it to happen on my machine either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb View Post
I used to see this ghost but do not now (OF 1.8, OS 10.6.4).
I thought it might be related to the bad Spaces-related QE window behavior (seen only the first time it invoked after launch) but alas, that is not fixed either.
I have Spaces switched off. I tried with Spaces switched on - same effect: I always have this ghost window.