The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

WebDAV sync problems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
Are you guys able to sync via http instead of https?
That works until it comes up with a read/write error of:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	570

Eraserhead - that's a separate issue, which I know the engineers are working on as well. Keep an eye on the sneakypeeks over the weekend.

The only reliable WevDAV synch for the desktop app for me so far has been locally + dyndns BUT iPhone can't synch... I get a "timed out" error every time... :'(

Actually, after deleting, starting from a clean backup - OF, the latest desktop version seems to be working with most WebDAV options I have available, but the iPhone version is stuck on similar bugs the desktop version had before...

Hopefully an iPhone update will come soon :)

Last edited by yann; 2008-07-12 at 12:09 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Eraserhead - that's a separate issue, which I know the engineers are working on as well. Keep an eye on the sneakypeeks over the weekend.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it.

SP 102775 still seems to have the "404" problem.

The 404 problem should be resolved in r102781:

Quote:
Fixed another sync incompatibility with cPanel WebDAV servers (such as those hosted by bluehost.com).

The fundamental issue we've been facing is that cPanel doesn't preserve the names of files uploaded by the client, so when OmniFocus goes back to look for something it isn't where it put it. (In fact, if you try to browse to those files using a web browser you'll find that they can't download them either.)

We've hopefully worked around this by tracking the WebDAV URL independently from the transaction name, so we can use the URL when we need to fetch data from the server but use the original transaction name when deciding how that data fits together.

Please note that the iPhone version 1.0 of OmniFocus doesn't yet have these fixes; they'll be in version 1.0.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
The 404 problem should be resolved in r102781:
When is that lovely 1.0.1 likely to come out?

Thanks!
-Chuck

When is the new iPhone app update coming?

It would have to be before my MobileMe free trial ends, because I am definitely not paying for that piece of crap. Apple's making people lose a lot of money right now.

I'm not sure how long Apple's review process will take, but my hope is that the 1.0.1 update will be posted sometime this week.

Judging by the amount of time it's taking for Apple to move and create MobileMe accounts on their servers, we can probably expect an app store update within the next decade.