The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How best to keep track of a projects' progression? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

first, thanks for this great program. I've really improved my efficiency a lot with this.

That said, I sometimes find it difficult so see where I am in a project. I know I can see past actions, but all of them are not important for the progression of the project. I'd like to have a small file attached to each project, where I could write stuff as the project continues. This would make it easier to recap what's been done in this project for me and, more importantly, others.

Would this be possible do to in OF? Right now I have some kind of summary in external files, but I'd like to do it in OF.

Or do you guys have any other ideas on how to solve this?

Why not just use the project's notes field for this?

Make major milestones as action groups by indenting to the left using (command + {) - that could serve as a major milestone so when you view completed actions that serves as a major milestone knocked out.
You could also place NAs under major milestones to keep better track.

whpalmer4 and leo, thanks a lot for the quick answers. It's really great to have this forum!

I've missed the project notes field, so I'm probably gonna check out that together with indenting major actions.