The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find as you Type support Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Yes, command-F finds, and command-G finds the next occurrence. My point is that OW's command-F find/command G next are not a slightly-longer equivalent to find-as-you-type.

Other Browsers' find-as-you-type move the system cursor (highlight) with the keyboard input, so one can always act on the found text immediately, without needing to move the pointer/cursor with the mouse (or an alternate input device).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse the K
Other Browsers' find-as-you-type move the system cursor (highlight) with the keyboard input, so one can always act on the found text immediately, without needing to move the pointer/cursor with the mouse (or an alternate input device).
At least with Firefox, command+g functions the same as with OmniWeb. So I'm still confused why you say we need to move the pointer/cursor with the mouse. Hitting command+g highlights the next instance, just like Firefox.

thanks Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case
I definitely want to add it after we ship 5.5, I just don't want to get distracted from shipping 5.5 as soon as possible.

With public beta 1 out, I hope it won't be long before this great feature returns.

I can't wait for this feature either. I'm so used to it in Safari (thanks to SafariStand) that I really miss it in Omniweb. Here's to a quick implementation.

I second (or third!) this :cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case
I definitely want to add it after we ship 5.5, I just don't want to get distracted from shipping 5.5 as soon as possible.
So probabilities are high for an incremental search for next OW. This is great news.

Last edited by David Latapie; 2006-08-29 at 02:39 PM..

Thanks. Incremental Search really makes laptop browsing better.

So if I understand correctly (I just downloaded OW), right now you can do find-as-you-type for links but not for regular text, and the latter is expected soon?

Err no. No incremental search at all for now and it should ship with 6.0. What you *do* have for now is regular expression searches—something I know only one other browser to have, and this is a text browser.