The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Zooming in Omnioutliner? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Greetings all. Glad to see this forum up and running.
Is there any way to effectively zoom so as to make text appear larger. I usually format text at 12 or 10pt for printing outlines, but on the screen of my Powerbook that get's pretty tiny. I've tried temporarily changing the font size of "Whole Document" and then shifting it back before printing, but this seems awkward. Any suggestions...

or perhaps this is a new feature request.
Regards

There might be an argument for a kind of Page Layout view where you can edit/type/re-arrange and indeed zoom in and out as you describe. I can't see how it could be done in the current view.

But I think what you say is correct. My son is visually disabled and would like to use OOP for note-taking but this issue makes it problematic for him.

I have that problem as well, on my 12" iBook. It's not perfect, but I usually zoom in using the command-option-8 shortcut (zoom in is command-option-=; zoom out is command-option-–).

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried zooming as part of Universal Access and it helps somewhat. When I first tried it the moving of the screen image (centered on the pointer) drove me nuts. When I use it I now have the Universal Access (set in System Preferences OS X) settings set to move the screen image only when the pointer reaches the edge, and of course, "zoom follows keyboard focus"

I guess I would still like to see something like the zoom found in Word or Notebook, where you can pick various zoom percentages for a window and contents zoom accordingly.

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwaynej
I guess I would still like to see something like the zoom found in Word or Notebook, where you can pick various zoom percentages for a window and contents zoom accordingly.
I second that. I do like my smooth fonts. ;) (When I work in Pages, I always have it set to 150 per cent.)

I would really love to be able to zoom my OO docs as well...125% is what I use for everything else! OO stuff sometimes looks painfully tiny.

Just to second (or third or fourth) the above: I'd love to be able to do this as well!

Hi all-

We plan to add a zooming function to OmniOutliner. Currently planned for v4.0. It's definitely been one of the most popular requests. Please keep in mind if you would like to submit a official feature request to send it to omnioutliner@omnigroup.com or from the Send Feedback option under the Help menu. This will allow us to keep track of the number of requests we receive which helps us determine it's priority.

Thanks!