The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Search doesn't work as I want Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb View Post
Too keep it all in one place, how about if the search magnifier had a drop down arrow and then a choice between Search View Only and Search All (and maybe Search All Available, Search All Completed, etc)?
Yes, that's exactly what I've been imagining ever since this topic came up about a year ago. :-) Seems like a simple and elegant way of doing it, and there's lots of precedence for this approach.

But this doesn't preclude the addition of a key combination to do the same thing. There's room for both, I think. ;-)

-Dennis

Really annoying me too.

Search just this page = semi useful
Search everything (active / on going) = best
Search all time = OK I can see t his being a drag sometimes

Instead of creating a new thread, I'm bringing this to life again.

I mentioned that Spotlight finds what I'm looking for, but I was wrong.
I have rebuilt the Spotlight Index to no avail.

Is Spotlight supposed to find things in OF?
If not, why?

Please help me, because I don't understand the thinking behind OF's "Search" function...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsson View Post
I don't understand the thinking behind OF's "Search" function...
The name and design of OmniFocus both suggest that there has so far been more emphasis on zooming in and narrowing the field of view than on zooming out, finding everything, and building an overview. I suspect that the return stage of the journey will be upgraded to first class in OF 2 ...

(In the meanwhile, I am using a rough draft of an applescript to do broad (and saveable) boolean searches in the 1.8 sneaky peeks (which already have an upgraded applescript interface).

http://bit.ly/OF-Find2

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-07-17 at 07:32 AM..