The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus.ofocus not found Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi!
I updated my Omnifocus app yesterday to the newest version and suddenly today it said "OmniFocus.ofocus" not found and created a new database. I was able to restore my data from an autobackup but the design changes seem to be lost. I found the OmniFocus.ofocus in the trash (moved there after update). How can I restore this one?

Thanks

Hmm... that's strange...

The first thing to do is to make sure you're running the copy of the app that corresponds to your purchase method. If you bought directly from us, the OmniFocus menu should contain an item named "Licenses", and your license should be listed in the window that appears if you select that menu item. If you bought OmniFocus through the Mac App Store, then you won't have a "Licenses" menu item, and OmniFocus will be listed in the Purchases list in the App Store app.

If that doesn't resolve it, it may be easier to diagnose this via email or phone: omnifocus@omnigroup.com or 1 (800) 315-6664 or 1 (206) 523-4152

licence is still correct.

Where do I have to put the old OmniFocus.ofocus?

Normally OmniFocus.ofocus should be in ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus

However, I'm confused as to how or why OmniFocus.ofocus wound up in the trash.

Ah now I remember

I have an app that moves library files to the trash if you delete an app. After the update the old version was deleted and I clicked "move files". So my fault.

Where is "com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist" located?

~/Library/Preferences

Thanks for explaining about the app that cleans up after deleted apps. That makes so much more sense now. :)

As a wise colleague said long ago as we discussed the foibles of the DWIM (do what I mean) system for the Xerox Interlisp workstations:
Quote:
"The problem with a program that wipes your nose for you is that it often wipes something else first."
Forum decorum bars me from using his precise language :-)

I don't usually trust my kid to take out the trash without a modicum of supervision, either :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
~/Library/Preferences

Thanks for explaining about the app that cleans up after deleted apps. That makes so much more sense now. :)
Thanks now also my design is there again. The app is called AppTrap by the way:

http://onnati.net/apptrap/