The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Modifying OmniFocus.ofocus server side? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I would like to create a small cron script that'll import tickets from a RequestTracker installation based on a custom user search. I.e. import all my tickets into a specific project folder.

Is it possible to modify OmniFocus.ofocus server side?
If so, how should I lock out other clients while updating OmniFocus.ofocus ?

//David

Do you have OmniOutliner? You could write an Applescript that takes your tickets and writes them out as an OmniOutliner file, then tells OmniFocus to import it. Then run that script from cron at the desired time with osascript. With that approach you are shielded from the internals of the OmniFocus file format, synchronization mechanisms, etc.

I already have an AppleScript that can create projects and tasks directly in OmniFocus. But this is not what I am looking for.

I would like to add tasks server side, i.e. on the server that OmniFocus syncs with over WebDAV.

That way tickets will be added, even if my mac is off the grid.

//David

djo: Your cron job would need to write .client files to keep real OmniFocus clients from trampling on it. You may find this post helpful:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...8&postcount=14

I am looking to do roughly the same thing. I want to be able to add content to OmniFocus on my iPhone on the server side, since I am not blessed with a Mac to use the desktop version. I am not looking to change anything already on the phone, just add new tasks, etc. Is there any more information hiding around as to how to properly create a .client file, and the placement and naming of new .zip files full of tasty XML for OmniFocus to eat? I'm a software developer so I'm not afraid to get dirty. :-)

Hi guys,

Just been looking through this and was just wondering whether or not the OmniOutliner was free or whether there was a charge to get it or not??

I'm hoping that its free because right now i don't really have any money :( but thanks anyway guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan3011 View Post
Just been looking through this and was just wondering whether or not the OmniOutliner was free or whether there was a charge to get it or not??.
It's a free demo version that expires. http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnioutliner/

- Don

Skarin -- I'm working on a little ruby script to add Inbox items. So far it's going well -- I'm in the process of cleaning up the code, but I hope to have something within the next couple weeks. I'll keep you posted