The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Any way to change size of search field? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As displays get bigger, there is lots more room for toolbars. I use the separate location toolbar feature of OmniWeb, so there is a lot of empty space on my regular toolbar. The search field looks really tiny up there. I want to enlarge it, but can't figure out how. There was an old Mac OS X Hints post suggesting that changing the value of maxSize in the SearchField section of itemInfoByIdentifier in OmniWeb.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/BrowserWindow.toolbar, but I tried changing that and nothing happened.

Ideally I should be able to just drag out the size I want; second choice is to set a size somewhere in the preferences; third choice, which I don't mind, is to edit a resource file.

I just tried it with those instructions and had it work; are you sure you followed them exactly, including quitting the application before editing? I made both the minimum and maximum size larger:

Code:
       SearchField = {
            paletteLabel = "Search Field";
            label = "Search";
            nullMenu = "(Search)";
            minSize = (150, 23.0 );
            maxSize = ( 300, 23.0 );
with the following result:

Aha. Thanks for the verification. I had a separate location bar when I did this. I just tried again, and it still didn't work. But then, without quitting, I turned off the separate location bar, went into the toolbar customization dialog, where the location bar no longer appeared, and added it back -- a known problem with removing the separate location bar. The search field was still unaffected. I removed it, put it back, and got the desired results.