The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem syncing with Google Calendar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello.

I have set up a new project. The main person in the project is available on an erratic, ad-hoc schedule. She has put her availability up in a Google Calendar.

Going to "Configure Publishing & Subscriptions", I have created an Action of the type "Sync tasks to/from Google Events", and pointed it at the appropriate calendar. The account tests as verified under "Account Info".

I have looked at her Google calendar. There are blocks available on 03/04, 03/06, and 03/07.

I look in Calendar View within OmniPlan. With or without that person selected, selecting "Normal Hours" or "Extra & Off Hours", I do not see the available blocks of time.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Grace

Okay, just lost a post to the web interface. Re-typing in a text editor.

Opened OmniPlan 2.2.4.

Created a new document.

In that document, re-labelled the one resource as "Grace".

In the Inspector, in the "Resource:Information" section, in the Address field, typed her e-mail address.

Saved the document.

Went to Preferences, selected Accounts. Hit the "+" button. Changed "Account Type" to "Google". Changed the "Description" field to "Grace". Entered her e-mail address in the "User Name" field. Entered her password in the "Password" field. Hit the "Test" button. Result: "Account verified".

Closed the Preferences pane.

Went to "Configure Publishing & Subscriptions".

Hit the "+" button, chose "Get free/busy times from Calendar server".

The menu next to "Server Account:" is empty. If I pull it down, there is only one option, which is blank-but-selected, and has a check next to it. I select it. The menu blinks twice and goes back to being empty.

In the fields below, under the Resource header is "Grace". Under the E-mail Address header is her e-mail address. That entire line is selected. The check box at the left is empty. I cannot check it.

I think I'm missing a configuration option, but I can't figure out where.

Help!

Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speireag View Post
I think I'm missing a configuration option, but I can't figure out where.
I did all the same things and nothing. Same result as you have.

I sent email to Omni Ninjas, hopefully they can shed some light on this mystery.

Very strange...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speireag View Post
Hello.

I have set up a new project. The main person in the project is available on an erratic, ad-hoc schedule. She has put her availability up in a Google Calendar.

Going to "Configure Publishing & Subscriptions", I have created an Action of the type "Sync tasks to/from Google Events", and pointed it at the appropriate calendar. The account tests as verified under "Account Info".

I have looked at her Google calendar. There are blocks available on 03/04, 03/06, and 03/07.

I look in Calendar View within OmniPlan. With or without that person selected, selecting "Normal Hours" or "Extra & Off Hours", I do not see the available blocks of time.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Grace
When this code was written in OmniPlan 2.0, free/busy queries weren't working the way we expected them to from Google (which is not quite CalDAV, apparently), so Google accounts don't support this kind of subscription. It looks like they've made some changes that might allow this to work now but we haven't tested it yet so we don't allow Google Calendar to appear as an option under Free/Busy.

For now, I suggest setting up iCal to subscribe to Google Calendar to download all the events. Then in OmniPlan, create an "offtime/overtime from iCal calendar" publishing action in the Publishing & Subscriptions panel and subscribe to the iCal calendar that was created when you linked your Google Calendar account. Now you'll be able to take those events from Google Calendar that appear in iCal and map them to your resource's off hours or overtime hours. You can repeat this process if you need to connect to multiple Google Calendar accounts for different resources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarkelo View Post
I sent email to Omni Ninjas, hopefully they can shed some light on this mystery.
Here is the answer from the Ninjas: "When this code was written in OmniPlan 2.0, free/busy queries weren't working the way we expected them to from Google (which is not quite CalDAV, apparently), so Google accounts don't support this kind of subscription. It looks like they've made some changes that might allow this to work now, but we haven't tested it yet so we don't allow Google Calendar to appear as an option under Free/Busy.

For now, I suggest setting up iCal to subscribe to Google Calendar to download all the events. Then in OmniPlan, create an offtime/overtime from iCal calendar action in the Publishing & Subscriptions panel and subscribe to the iCal calendar linked to your Google Calendar account. You can repeat this process if you need to connect to multiple Google Calendar accounts for different resources.

Hope this information helps. If you have any other questions or feedback, please let us know. We really appreciate it!"

Apparently it's the same workaround as for MS Exchange calendars :-)