The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Undo/Command-Z should reopen last closed window or tab Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
We've all been there--you're not paying attention and you accidentally close a window or tab that you didn't want to. Of course, you can go to the History menu and get it back, but then it replaces the current window or tab.

So why not let Edit-->Undo/Command-Z reopen the last closed window or tab? I'd like it, anyway.

I second the motion -- I just accidentally closed a tab, actually, and was looking for an undo feature.

Opera's implementation, by the way, is very nice -- with a "trash can" of unused tabs (plus command-Z to un-close).

Regards,
Dan Byler

Last edited by dbyler; 2007-05-25 at 01:47 PM..

I like this too.

Undo for tab closings would be great.

Also nice would be a warning on the "Close Other Tabs" command in the tabs' contextual menu. It's a great feature to have at times, but it's also very dangerous, especially being so close to the singular "Close Tab" command. Bump the pointer a few pixels too low and OW will happily toast dozens of tabs for you without a second glance.

I vote for this, too.

I vote for this as well :)

Ooo, ooo... me too. :D

Seriously tho, it is a bit tricky since there is also the text-field undo and after closing one window, the new window might be in the process of being edited.

I'm thinking you would either have to pull up the workspaces window (or menu?) or use a separate key combo. (or maybe we can fudge something unless you actually click into the new window?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
Seriously tho, it is a bit tricky since there is also the text-field undo and after closing one window, the new window might be in the process of being edited.
Well, if the current focus issues persist, that should be a non-issue ;)

Quote:
I'm thinking you would either have to pull up the workspaces window (or menu?) or use a separate key combo. (or maybe we can fudge something unless you actually click into the new window?)
Maybe command+option+a? I'm no key command expert, so maybe that's a no-no. Maybe some sort of history undo...

Wow . . . the thread lives!

Thanks all, and especially the OmniGuys for weighing in.

I didn't realize that command-Z could undo address field alterations; I had assumed, since Edit>Undo was always greyed out whenever I looked at it, that it was just unused in OmniWeb.

I'm not so sure that a trip to the Workspaces window or menu would be that appealing. The charm, if I may, to this idea is that it is very Mac-like: didn't mean to do that? Command-Z!

I never have felt the need to undo changes in the address field, so I personally would gladly give that up for the proposed functionality. But everyone uses applications differently, and so I understand that you might be reluctant to remove one functionality in favor of another.

Maybe option-command-Z . . .?