The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus on iPad Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean7768 View Post
Taska: Coolest and Smoothest UI. Most potential as a fantastic GTD app. Still very buggy on both iPhone and iPad.
If Taska had OF reliability and ease of entries and OG-like support, then it would be a no brainer.

Or another way to say this is if OG adopts some of the UI features of Taska, that would make OF the best task management application for iPad!

I think I have a better chance for #2 than #1.

When??? When??? How much longer will we have to wait? Just a "hint" please- I beg you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKaren View Post
When??? When??? How much longer will we have to wait? Just a "hint" please- I beg you!
Go back and read Ken Case's post on the third page of this thread and you'll get an authoritative answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastato View Post
6 Days until the end of the week after WWDC! I caaaan't await it!
Think you need to hang on there. Ken said "hopefully" so don't take it as gospel they will be submitting it the week after WWDC. Even if they do submit it then there's no telling when Apple will approve it.

Just keep your fingers crossed to see it before the end of June and I think you'll have a better chance of not being disappointed.

Keep up the good work OmniFolk and get it to us when it's good and ready.

I like what I've seen in the 4 second preview.

1. the consolidation of all non-outline data to the left pane. Seems a logical "halfway between Mac & iPhone" decision.

2. outline hierarchy maintained (in the right pane) until you unfold a project, then the listed tasks align full left to take advantage of minimal iPad screen size. thoughtful.

Minor ugliness can be cleaned up after writing these new gui rules.

I'm just relieved they didn't use the (iPad photo album-style) "grid of square icons" to represent projects - outside of photos or other highly graphical content, I find the grid model ugly as hell. I have a newsreader that uses that, and I think Things (iPad) does IIRC.

Another great GTD app discover today: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midni...364896532?mt=8
... If this can help OF team ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvet View Post
Another great GTD app discover today: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midni...364896532?mt=8
I just purchased this and installed it, it's interesting. I have only tried it out for about 30 minutes, I can tell already that it will take some learning but it is interesting. I love OF and do not think that this will beat it out in my opinion but I guess I'm a little desperate to get something with a little more than the OF iPhone app has to offer. If only there were some way to get the OF desktop version installed on my iPad.....

Quote:
Ahhh… Midnight Inbox.

The app that's had a vaporware 2.0 version on the Mac for like 3 years now. The app that makes the delays in Things and The Hit List look like small potatoes. The guys that put unstable software on the map.

Glad to see they've continued in their tradition of pretty, yet buggy software. The reviews speak wonders.

I'll keep waiting for OF for iPad, thanks. I'm pretty confident it will work, and I'm pretty confident it will sync, which will make it the first app of its kind to do so.

Quote:
Another vote against Midnight Inbox. I don't know why that app is so unstable.

The app is also very rigid about its approach to GTD (which may work for some, but not me).

I think it can help the OF team by showing that functionality and stability are the really important things to focus on, rather than prettifying the interface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
Ahhh… Midnight Inbox.

The app that's had a vaporware 2.0 version on the Mac for like 3 years now. The app that makes the delays in Things and The Hit List look like small potatoes. The guys that put unstable software on the map.

Glad to see they've continued in their tradition of pretty, yet buggy software. The reviews speak wonders.

I'll keep waiting for OF for iPad, thanks. I'm pretty confident it will work, and I'm pretty confident it will sync, which will make it the first app of its kind to do so.
CatOne, I see we share many experiences with task managers!
I can't believe Midnight gets away with the first (and only 5-star) review of their app... have a look if you haven't yet, it's quite funny. I wonder how many 'Report a Concern' Apple will need before removing it...