The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Need Feature: Single Action with Context Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello.
I find that I am trying to use OmniFocus in such a way that I can create many dis-joint things that I need to accomplish that only require a single action. Therefore, I wish to create a single action and drag it in a folder in the Library (maybe the Folder is called Saturday Activities) and I want to assign Context to them. However, I cannot do that. If I don't drag the new Action I created in the Inbox to a Project in the Library it turns it into a new Project and also does NOT show the Context except for the sub-action items (which I don't have) under the new Project OmniFocus created.

Am I doing something incorrectly? All I want in many cases is a single Action with a Context assigned. I do not see a need to create a Project then create an Action under the Project for these type events.

An example of this is:

Library Folder named Work
- Expense Report for Customer X Visit (Context=ExpenseReports)

Can someone explain if I'm missing that ability.

Best Regard
Dalton

Create a single action project...it looks like a file box in the inspector. It's one of the choices for type of project (sequential, parallel, single actions). Then you can drag your individual tasks into this project and assign them whatever context you want. You can also create action groups in this if you find one of your single actions turns into several actions.

That's perfect. It actually lets me create single item and multi-item projects within this new found Single-Action List that you've pointed me to. It is perfect. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpwhistler View Post
Create a single action project...it looks like a file box in the inspector. It's one of the choices for type of project (sequential, parallel, single actions). Then you can drag your individual tasks into this project and assign them whatever context you want. You can also create action groups in this if you find one of your single actions turns into several actions.
And if you should decide that one of those single actions that turns into several actions deserves to be a project (so it can be put on hold, reviewed, etc.) you can simply drag it to the sidebar or outdent it and it will turn into a project.