The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Bonjour sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Will just never sync with an iPod .... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It is a pure crap to be used with an iPod/iPhone ...

I am disappointed because usually Omnigroup makes good softwares.

OmniFocus works very well and does very well what it is supposed to do in stand alone usage, and offers numerous great features.

But, when comes the time to use it with its iPod/iPhone client ... it is really a pain, the synchronisation will just never work whatever you do : deactivate the Firewall, stopp LittleSnitch running if you intalled it, no result it will just never work, if you use an older version, the 1.5, it will just never work too untill you deactivate the Firewall.

I am sorry, but it is the ONLY one application that is not working with my iPod.

1password that offers the same features of syncing a database with an iPod/iPhone works perfectly without having to trick a firewall there or to deactivate these other feature here ...

So yes i am disappointed especially because even the support will not care and is not able to do soemthing !

Last edited by m-rick; 2009-06-15 at 02:08 AM..

I have exactly the same problem.

And it is worst with version 1.6 since with firewall OFF it still even doesn't sync at all !

And OF is the ONLY software causing such troubles between my Mac and iPod !

I use every day numerous other softwares like 1password, QuickOffice and so on that are never causing any troubles, but OF ...

It is really boring and the support as still done nothing ! Always asking me to do this and that in Leopard, but i am not using Leopard i told them so much time !

Sync seems to work just fine with my iPhone, albeit a little slow, but I'm using the MobileMe interface. Have you tried any of the other options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-rick View Post
It is a pure crap to be used with an iPod/iPhone ...
That isn't my experience, and I suspect word would have gotten around in sufficient quantity to prevent them from selling as many copies of the iPod/iPhone version as they have if it really was true. Are you interested in getting it working, or venting?

Quote:
I am disappointed because usually Omnigroup makes good softwares.
This is no exception!
Quote:
But, when comes the time to use it with its iPod/iPhone client ... it is really a pain, the synchronisation will just never work whatever you do : deactivate the Firewall, stopp LittleSnitch running if you intalled it, no result it will just never work, if you use an older version, the 1.5, it will just never work too untill you deactivate the Firewall.

I am sorry, but it is the ONLY one application that is not working with my iPod.
You really ought to be running the latest versions on both desktop and mobile device. Especially in 10.4 there are some Bonjour sync issues which are fixed in the most recent version.
Quote:
1password that offers the same features of syncing a database with an iPod/iPhone works perfectly without having to trick a firewall there or to deactivate these other feature here ...
That's great, but it makes a lousy task manager :)
Quote:
So yes i am disappointed especially because even the support will not care and is not able to do soemthing !
You know they don't care because...?

In any case, I suggest you go try Ken's suggestions in this thread to set OmniFocus to use a single, fixed port so that you can configure your firewall accordingly.

M-rick, we're happy to help you through the process that Ken outlined and Bill linked to, either via email or phone - 800.315.OMNI will get ahold of the phone ninjas.

I checked our support database, and I don't see any tickets about this from the email address that is linked to your forum account - if you let us know what other email address you've been talking to the support ninjas from, that'll prevent us from suggesting things you've already tried.