The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Problems with Omni Sync from China Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I just tried to change from Mobileme sync to Omni Sync as I have experienced very slow synchronizing.

I cannot get my iphone to sync with this solution after trying to share settings over email and with the share preference function. My iPhone keeps giving me error messages after being stuck in preparing to sync and fetching remote database states

I am living in China and thinking that the servers might not be available here.

It would be great if anyone have news on this

My second problem is that when I try to move back to mobile me syncing it prompts me to restore my osx version from the version that is on my idisk

Hi! I know absolute nothing about the Chinese firewall, but using this tool, everything looks OK: http://www.websitepulse.com/tests/6702b3e05295d559.html
If you'd like, email us here, and we can see if we can't find out what's going on.

Thanks!

(FWIW, I even tried the "official" (webdav) sync URL, and that appears to be working as well.)

Last edited by derekr; 2011-04-21 at 07:26 AM..

Thanks for the quick feedback! I still haven't gotten it to work, but I have sent an email as suggested.

I got it to work after receiving a reply to my mail. Thanks!