The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reserved Words? Referencing Canvas Name? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like to have some text that changes based on the name of the canvas. Is that possible? I.e. I'd like to have the title of the page be equivalent to the name of the canvas so when I change the canvas's name, the page title updates. Additionally, is there functionality for page numbers, dates, etc. Or, did someone write a script for this?

Thanks in advance...

Ok, so there is a stencil that demos some variables. Now, what are ALL the variables we have access to? Good grief this is difficult to track down.

BTW, for others, the variables are referenced by <%variable%>. For example, <%canvas%> refers to the current canvas's name and will show as that.

Anyone care to post all the variables we can access? Are there good tutorials for this?

I think the menu under "Edit > Insert Variable" (IIRC) will show all the variables OmniGraffle has. The variables *should* all be listed in the help as well, especially since some of them can take extra parameters, like a format string for the datestamp variables.

If they're in the help but you had a hard time finding them, could you post what you searched on, etc., which didn't work? Sometimes we forget to add index terms which are obvious in retrospect…