The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sending text from Emacs to OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If you run emacs in a Terminal window, you can capture tasks from it by simply selecting the text with the mouse and hitting your clippings shortcut. (There isn't a default shortcut, but F6 is a common choice: you can set your preferred shortcut in Clippings Preferences.)

But I thought it might be fun to send text directly to OmniFocus from inside Emacs itself—so here's a little code which does just that!

This script creates a new task, using the text from the selected region as the note, and generating a one-sentence summary of the note to use as the task name. (I wrote the script earlier this evening as an example, so my apologies for any bad emacs lisp style, etc.—it's been a while since I've written any emacs code!)

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip omnifocus-capture.el.zip (1.1 KB, 1052 views)

I'm glad there are still emacs geeks in this world :)