The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to reset both desktop and database to default Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like to start over with Omnifocus and I'd like to reset what I've done to the default setup.

How do I do that for the desktop and what I've got in Omnisync?

thanks ahead of time for any help!

On the Mac:
- Quit OmniFocus
- Open this folder: Home > Library > Application Support > OmniFocus

If you are running Mac OS X 10.7 or later the "Home > Library" folder is hidden, so you'll need to hold the "option" key on the keyboard and then select: Menu Bar > Go > Library

- Rename the file "OmniFocus.ofocus" to: "old-OmniFocus.ofocus"
(This way, you'll have a copy stowed away in case you need something out of it.)
- Launch OmniFocus
- From the File menu, choose "Replace Server Database"
- If you have any other devices syncing to this database, you should sync them now and carefully choose the Server option when it warns you of the conflict.

If you also want to undo customization of styles, perspectives, and things like that:
- Quit OmniFocus

- Open this folder: Home > Library > Preferences
(You'll need the Go trick again if you're on 10.7 or later.)

- Rename com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist to com.omnigroup.OmniFocus-old.plist
- Relaunch OmniFocus
- Reconfigure your sync settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
- If you have any other devices syncing to this database, you should sync them now and carefully choose the Server option when it warns you of the conflict.
To clarify, you'll be asked if you want to keep the Device database or the Sync database. Because you have replaced the database on the server, you'll want to choose to keep the Sync database.