The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inbox still showing when I Focus on a Project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by halbtuerke View Post
I don't know if it's still relevant, but I had the same problem and found a solution that works for me. THANKS!

After focusing on a project or folder, select "Library" and then save the perspective. Now the Inbox items shouldn't show up in the main outline view.

Greetings
I had the same issue, but halbtuerke's post solved the issue for me.

It seems kind of odd however, that selecting in the sidebar the actual folder I wish to focus on shows me the Inbox as well as the folder, and that I have select Library and save to the perspective to get rid of the inbox showing.

The second oddity here is that it has all the time been possible for me to not see the Inbox if I just select the same perspective a second time. If this is not intentional, I guess this is a good start for debugging.

I had the same issue about six months ago, wrote to tech support, but we never figured out a 'fix.'

I noted the same behavior, in that hitting the key shortcut for the same perspective a second time removed the Inbox items.

I am glad to say that the workaround appears to work for me as well. Thanks!

Last edited by sawxray; 2011-03-08 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by halbtuerke View Post
I don't know if it's still relevant, but I had the same problem and found a solution that works for me.

After focusing on a project or folder, select "Library" and then save the perspective. Now the Inbox items shouldn't show up in the main outline view.

Greetings
CORRECT SOLUTION ALERT! thanks halbtürke ; ) i've just been trying to figure this out, and this solution works. it should either be a default in omnifocus, or explained in the manual. at the moment, neither is the case. it's not logical to have the inbox show up in a focused perspective by default... clicking on the desired project and focusing on it should by default remove the inbox from the perspective view when invoked...