The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 5.5.1 Beta 1 Now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey Everyone!

We've spent the last several weeks incorporating an updated WebKit into OmniWeb. This newer WebKit has a lot of new features - in particular, it uses new stylable form elements that are, well, "still in development." This was a major reason why we've kept you waiting on 5.5.1 - that code just isn't ready for prime time yet.

So... We've put together a new build of OmniWeb 5.5.1 that's using the older WebKit. we've added several improvements to make it more friendly to many of the WebSites out there. backpackit for instance should now be working as well as many of the other ajax-y sites that weren't previously. Other fixes include restoring applescript support and addressing the issues with localhost cookies.

The work that we've been focusing on in the time since the 5.5 release has become 5.6 and we're still hammering away on this release. This change will let us bring you much needed bug fixes in a more timely manner rather than keeping you waiting while we work on the WebKit bugs.

Hopefully you'll find the 5.5.1 release to be an improvement over 5.5 and as always be sure to let us know if you encounter any issues!

OmniWeb 5.5.1 release notes can be found here.

and you can download 5.5.1 from the OmniWeb beta page here.

I'm glad that the Amazon Bookreader works now. Seems snappy, too.

Thanks!

Yay! I can use Basecamp again! Thanks chaps!

there are still some problems with omniweb 5.5.1, for example on http://www.wetterring.at (text fields with white, and therefor invisivle, text) and on http://www.sfdrs.ch/sfmeteo (strange scrolling bug when clicking buttons on the "niederschlagsbild")
i think the updated webkit of omniweb 5.6 will help.

The Ajax issue in now resolved. Thanks, team.

I'd suggest you mention the Ajax fix in the release notes. I think there are enough of us for whom that is...I mean was...an issue.

Peace.

Still no way to search though the contents of pages in the history? I would like this feature although in all honesty maybe something like browseback is a better way of accomplishing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp07
Still no way to search though the contents of pages in the history? I would like this feature although in all honesty maybe something like browseback is a better way of accomplishing this.
It's one of the items at the top of our list. Sorry to keep you waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheski
The Ajax issue in now resolved. Thanks, team.

I'd suggest you mention the Ajax fix in the release notes. I think there are enough of us for whom that is...I mean was...an issue.

Peace.
It is actually mentioned in the release notes.

Quote:
Cherry-picked apple , REGRESSION: XMLHttpRequest lowercase post requests broken, which was causing errors on pages such as backpackit.com, and other Ajax-type sites.
Yeah that one. XMLHttpRequest makes "ajax" sites go round.

the organizer on flickr.com is not working :-(

This is still an unresolved issue in WebKit unfortunately.