The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mountain Lion: Mail, Sync fail Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have tried the solution for Mail, with the terminal script and moving the script to a different folder. I keep getting an error message:

Script Handler Failed

Errors returned from handler <ScriptHandler:0x4130880 com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.ScriptHandler.Default NSBundle </Applications/OmniFocus.app/Contents/PlugIns/BuiltInClippingHandlers.plugin> (not yet loaded)>: {
NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "{} doesn\U2019t match the parameters {CurrentApplicationInfo, ClippingTasks} for clipping.";
NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "{} doesn\U2019t match the parameters {CurrentApplicationInfo, ClippingTasks} for clipping.";
NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -1721;
NSAppleScriptErrorRange = NSRange: {0, 0};
}

but then the clipping is added to the inbox anyway, but without any text.

Second, every time I sync it asks me for my password to Omni. "The server OmniSync requires authentication." Despite entering the correct username and password (allowing sync to go ahead appropriately), and checking the 'Remember in Keychain' box, it always asks me to enter it again.

Thanks in advance for any help.

These issues sound a little difficult to diagnose in the forums. If you haven't already, please email omnifocus@omnigroup.com so our Support Ninjas can help you sort this out.

I get the same issue, I have tried the workaround but still get this every time I use the clip-o-tron from Mac Mail.

Once I hit cancel on the error, I do get text in the action but the email title is not brought in as the title of the new action and the (oh so invaluable) link to the original message does not appear.

Same 2 issues for me. I may turn off syncing for now because the login window keeps coming up, and I know I'm putting in the right info and checking the keychain button.

It looks like we've gotten two different reports of the first issue in the last couple of years. (It appears to predate Mountain Lion in at least some circumstances, in other words.)

It's possible that the Sandbox is blocking our attempt to talk to Mail for some reason, maybe due to the Sandbox. We'll need to investigate more to be sure.

Regarding the latter issue, and again, I'm really just guessing, but one possibility here would be be a keychain issue.

It's possible that running the "Keychain First Aid" option in the Keychain Access utility will help here, but if it doesn't, please email our support ninjas so we can investigate this with you.

(Emailing us is most helpful because we can gather console messages and other info that isn't very forum-friendly for a variety of reasons.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawxray View Post
I have tried the solution for Mail, with the terminal script and moving the script to a different folder. I keep getting an error message:

Script Handler Failed

Errors returned from handler <ScriptHandler:0x4130880 com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.ScriptHandler.Default NSBundle </Applications/OmniFocus.app/Contents/PlugIns/BuiltInClippingHandlers.plugin> (not yet loaded)>: {
NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "{} doesn\U2019t match the parameters {CurrentApplicationInfo, ClippingTasks} for clipping.";
NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "{} doesn\U2019t match the parameters {CurrentApplicationInfo, ClippingTasks} for clipping.";
NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -1721;
NSAppleScriptErrorRange = NSRange: {0, 0};
}

but then the clipping is added to the inbox anyway, but without any text.
We have resolved a couple of Clipping and Clip-O-Tron 3000 issues when running on Mountain Lion in OmniFocus 1.10.3.

This is available now for direct Omni customers, and in review for the Mac App Store.

If this doesn't resolve your problem, please drop a note to omnifocus@omnigroup.com so that we can help out.

—Jim

I am having the same problem described here if I am in a message (not in a Mail viewer, but an actual message) and I press the OF shortcut key to send it to a quick entry box.

If I am in a drilled down message and I press SHIFT-CMD-., then I just get a short beep.

If I go to the body of the message, hit CMD-A to highlight all of the text and hit SHIFT-CMD-., then I get the following error:

Code:
The script handler failed.

Errors returned from handler <ScriptHandler:0x2e7a0f0 com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.ScriptHandler.Mail_Leopard NSBundle </Applications/OmniFocus.app/Contents/PlugIns/BuiltInClippingHandlers.plugin> (not yet loaded)>: {
    NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = Mail;
    NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "AppleEvent handler failed.";
    NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "Mail got an error: AppleEvent handler failed.";
    NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -10000;
    NSAppleScriptErrorRange = NSRange: {2341, 9};
}
Am I missing something? Running Mountain Lion 10.1.1 and running OF 1.10.3

This installation of OF was on a user-migrated (from Lion) install, so maybe that mucked things up? Should I reinstall OF?