The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Set a bunch of shape properties in one call? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I get the properties of a shape, Omnigraffle returns a dictionary of key-value pairs. When I create a new shape I can similarly send in a bunch of properties as a dictionary e.g. (Python/appscript):

doc.make(new=k.label,
at=line.labels.end,
with_properties={k.text: 'foo', k.draws_stroke = True})

Is there a similar way to update a bunch of properties of an existing shape with a single call, passing in a dict of properties? If so, any restrictions on which properties can be set this way?

e.g. I tried
shape.properties.set({k.locked: True}) and it worked.

shape.properties.set({k.text: 'foo'}) and it did nothing.

Thanks

Last edited by Sophie; 2012-11-08 at 07:01 PM..