The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Canvas Variable Parameters? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to pass a specific Canvas name to the <%canvas%> variable? For instance, I would like to name the first canvas in my document "My Project" and then be able to have that show up on every page. Is there a better way to do this?

Is there way to reference specific canvas page numbers from another page in the document?

For example, I have a few overview pages at the beginning of my document that reference specific pages (canvases) in the document. (eg see page 15 for more info ) Is there a way to have the page number assigned through a variable so if/when I add additional pages to the document or reorder the canvases that the reference remains correct? eg. <%get canvas name "xyz"'s page number%>

Last edited by UmUx; 2010-04-16 at 11:42 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuise View Post
Is there a way to pass a specific Canvas name to the <%canvas%> variable? For instance, I would like to name the first canvas in my document "My Project" and then be able to have that show up on every page. Is there a better way to do this?
This is similar to the also-unanswered question "Reference specifc canvas page through a variable?", and seems like something that would be a CORE feature for wireframe/flow documents.

I create a cover page of flows, with each box in the flow representing a wireframe in a canvas. I use the Jump to a Specific Canvas feature to let reviewers do just that, and put a shared layer header on each page that includes a button back to the flows.

However, I am constantly having to be sure that when I copy a flow box to link to a different wireframe, that I manually copy/paste or re-type the name of the wireframe in the box.

If the canvas name variable could be used on other canvasses, we'd have a pretty good simulation of an object symbol for each wireframe, for use in flows.

Apologize for the cross-post; since the other topic had no replies, I'm doing what I can to seek attention :-)

This is similar to the also-unanswered topic "Canvas Variable Parameters", and seems like something that would be a CORE feature for wireframe/flow documents.

I create a cover page of flows, with each box in the flow representing a wireframe in a canvas. I use the Jump to a Specific Canvas feature to let reviewers do just that, and put a shared layer header on each page that includes a button back to the flows.

However, I am constantly having to be sure that when I copy a flow box to link to a different wireframe, that I manually copy/paste or re-type the name of the wireframe in the box.

If the canvas name variable could be used on other canvasses, we'd have a pretty good simulation of an object symbol for each wireframe, for use in flows.

Apologize for the cross-post; since the other topic had no replies, I'm doing what I can to seek attention :-)

This isn't currently possible in OmniGraffle Pro 5. It's something people have asked for, and we've an entry for it in our tracker.

I’ve passed along your feedback to the rest of the OmniGraffle development team. I can't promise anything, but we'll certainly consider it for a future release, as we do.