The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parallel and sequential subprojects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hello all,

I just download the apha version. It looks pretty neat!! it imported all my KGTD file without problems, great!

Few doubts
–Is it possible to assign Parallel and sequential subprojects? usually in the same project I handle parallel tasks and sequential ones... how can I do that?

–It is possible to adjust the width of the different columns? if it is so can I add date information in the list view? most of my waiting for tasks have date info that is crucial to successfully review them

That's all, Very impressed with the alpha. The final product is going to be the deffinitive personal management tool!!

Yes to the first question. Right click on the subproject and there is the word 'parallel' that you can select or unselect.

To answer the remaining question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by javito
It is possible to adjust the width of the different columns? if it is so can I add date information in the list view?
We're planning to let you add date columns soon (see the notes on the download page) and we have a feature request for adjustable column widths. If you send us some feedback in email (by selecting Send Feedback from the Help menu), we'll add your vote to the request.

(We definitely plan to add column resizing at some point, we're just not sure if it's worth holding back 1.0 for that feature or whether we should ship 1.0 first and add resizable columns later: there are some tricky implementation details to doing them right.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case
We definitely plan to add column resizing at some point, we're just not sure if it's worth holding back 1.0 for that feature or whether we should ship 1.0 first and add resizable columns later: there are some tricky implementation details to doing them right.
I'd vote to ship 1.0 first. Thanks.

thanks for the answers, I really think that adjustable width columns must be a feature of the 1.0

At the moment I have pretty long projects names and not too long task names , each user uses different naming decisions and it is important that each of us would be able to adjust the display to our needs. For a software that is in few words a very powerful list manager this has to be a main feature.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by javito
thanks for the answers, I really think that adjustable width columns must be a feature of the 1.0

At the moment I have pretty long projects names and not too long task names , each user uses different naming decisions and it is important that each of us would be able to adjust the display to our needs. For a software that is in few words a very powerful list manager this has to be a main feature.

Thanks
Same issue here. I think it's quite important, becuase the present situation stretches a couple of tasks over many screens of text when they could really fit on one. If I collapse the row text when not editing, I only see 2 words from the project title.

Adjustable columns are important to me too, but not so much that I want 1.0 delayed to get them.

I'd far rather have the team work on repeat/recurring items and get that ready. I can wait for adjustable columns, but repeating tasks is a make/break feature.

I visualize the Omni Focus team as about 6 people, in a too-small room that is too hot from all the computer equipment, with several head-high stacks of empty pizza boxes, busy trying to do everything at once. Including reading all our e-mails.

Guys, please take the long weekend off. We can all wait 3 days while you get some sleep (and a shower).

-Mom (Liz, who is a mom in real life)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizPf
Guys, please take the long weekend off. We can all wait 3 days while you get some sleep (and a shower).
Thanks Liz!

I agree. Great work. Have a nice long weekend! Just please put out a build with OOM off before you turn off the lights! ; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizPf
I visualize the Omni Focus team as about 6 people, in a too-small room that is too hot from all the computer equipment, with several head-high stacks of empty pizza boxes, busy trying to do everything at once. Including reading all our e-mails.

Here is a picture of the OmniFocus team hard at work, sorting through bugs, trying to meet deadlines:

(in honor of the 30 year anniversary)