The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

scripting task adds and preventing duplicates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I wrote a script to cull tickets from Trac (or any RSS feed for that matter) and insert them as tasks in OmniFocus (similar to this thread).

Since I would like it to run once a day, I'd like to prevent duplicates from being entered (e.g. an RSS item from the day before). The complete method only supports project and context and the search term method appears to be a window operation.

Is it possible? Recommendations?

Thanks,
Cory

I would tackle your problem from the other side: keep track of the last item added, and start again from the next one.

Mmm, yes. Though I also would like to maintain priority (OmniFocus' sort order) by using a feed ordered as such. Last item added won't necessarily play well with it.

For now though, just being able to take tickets (user stories), make them projects and break it down to tangible actions in OmniFocus is wonderful.