The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Error Issue: Embedding Multiple Copies of the same font in a PDF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I export to a PDF, the file size is very large and I wondered why this was the case. When I took a look at the PDF via the PDF Optimizer within Adobe Acrobat, it said that 80% of my file size was due to embedded fonts.

I removed all of the redundant embedded fonts via Acrobat and the file size shrunk from 10.6MB to 1.6MB. There were only about 6 different fonts used, but I probably removed what looked to be 50 redundancies. (probably more) I asked one of my coworkers to try the same trick on a different file he'd been working on, and he was able to cut his file size down in a similar fashion.

We have not yet been able to verify that my entire document (150 pages) still looks exactly the same, but upon initial review it seems to be identical.

Is there a way to avoid this redundant font embedding? And has anyone else experience this same issue?