The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to indicate an action that is pending? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
What should I do about an action in a project that is pending in some way? For example: I have a project that contains 3 actions. I've done the first action but I don't want to mark it as complete until I receive confirmation from someone else that indeed nothing else needs to be done with regard to this first action. Although I don't want to mark it as complete, I would like to have some kind of indication that there is nothing further for me to do about this action at present, and also that I can now move on to action 2, and then to action 3. Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance,
Abe Z.

That sounds like it should be a pair of actions -- one for you to do (and mark complete), and one to wait for approval of your work. I would arrange it as action 1, action 2, action 3, make sure work on 1 is done.

Curt Clifton’s Complete and Await Reply script is great for this purpose.