The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pasting blocks of text from other apps Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I select a block of text from, say, Pages ... set an insertion point in OO ... and Paste. The block of text appears in OO as one big item.

If I want the block of text to appear as separate items (one item per line), I click at the top of the OO page, so that there's no insertion point, and then paste. The text appears at the bottom of the OO page.

(It took me a while to figure that out, by the way ... it's be nice if the Edit Menu had a choice to Paste as Separate Items.)

Now I've got several paragraphs of text, one item per line. I'd like to make it one item per paragraph. I know I can manually go into each line and use Control-Delete to combine lines, but I wish there were a faster way. For instance, it'd be great if I could select all the lines that I wanted to be in one paragraph and have a Menu command "Group into one item". Any way to do that now? If not, can we please add it to the 4.0 wish list?

Thanks much.

/rb

Look at the AppleScripts available for free download in the 'Extras' section. There is a script called 'Create New Outline from Clipboard', and it definitely does at least part of the job. Please post your impressions here in case you decide to give it a try.

That's pretty good. Thanks.

/rb