The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Easier flagging Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I love the iPad app, but was wondering if there could be an easier way to change the flagged status of a task. I think tapping on the right side (where the flag shows up) would work well.

I'm not sure how you are doing it right now, but you know you can just tap on an item to change its flag status (among other details, too) right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus26 View Post
I love the iPad app, but was wondering if there could be an easier way to change the flagged status of a task. I think tapping on the right side (where the flag shows up) would work well.
Mmm... seconded. I'd find this handy too, and the space to the right of the checkboxes would be great for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberV View Post
I'm not sure how you are doing it right now, but you know you can just tap on an item to change its flag status (among other details, too) right?
Yup, but that's three taps per item, rather than a single tap; three times the work. Not much for a single action, but annoying if you're going down a list flagging stuff.

Worth mentioning to Omni - use the Contact Omni option on the gear menu and add your vote too.

I already filed a feature request for this, but it would be a lovely thing to have. I use flags to create "To Do Today" lists for myself, and anything that'd speed up that process would be lovely.

Does anyone else support this change? I find it very annoying to use the iPad version over the desktop app because it's so much harder to change the flagged status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus26 View Post
Does anyone else support this change? I find it very annoying to use the iPad version over the desktop app because it's so much harder to change the flagged status.
I sent in a feature request for this - the ninja told me it's being worked on.

I also requested this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Daniel View Post
I also requested this.
So this still hasn't happened? I kinda thought this would be a no brainer.

iPad app is great, but little things like this add some friction which let it down a bit.

Some functionality borrowed from MailBox would be amazing for this and other aspects of omnifocus for iPad and iPhone.

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but that was point really.

Thanks for bringing up this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiem View Post
Yup, but that's three taps per item, rather than a single tap; three times the work. Not much for a single action, but annoying if you're going down a list flagging stuff.
In fact it may even be up to four taps just to flag a single item. On OF for iPhone you have to tap a task, tap the "flag" toggle. In addition you go through your list of tasks using the UP and DOWN button.

On the ipad you can't do that. Although it offers more screen real estate there are no fewer than FOUR tabs for the functionality OF for iPhone offers in a single view:
- info,
- dates,
- notes and
- attachments

So to flag a task I need to (1) tap it, (2) tap the info tab, (3) tap the flag toggle, (4) tap done (5) tap the task below to go to the next task.

On OF for iPhone this takes only 3 instead of 5 steps.

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I've requested feature this several times. That and the ability to set time estimates from the iPad. It's still not a fully featured app.