The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to create a checklist for Daily Routines Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Good One. Thanks for the wonderful tips. I will surely be implementing the same in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geody View Post
I have OF for the iPad only, and I cannot figure out how to do this step. Is filtering something you can only do with the Mac version? My Perspectives view has some ready made filters but I don't see the option for creating my own or customizing the ones that came with the view.
A couple of things,

I believe that the iPad only supports Context based perspectives, not project based ones.

If you wish a perspective and don't have the Mac version, you three options I'm aware of

1) If you have a Mac, install a trial version and set up some perspectives, then remove after the Trial period
2) if you think you're going to do this a lot, buy OF for mac
3) Phone OF support and they may be able to create this on your behalf as a kind of one off.

I could be wrong on option 3 though.

To build on GeoffAirey's post, you can install OF on a Mac and use it as a 14-day demo. You can create some perspectives and test them out. Then you'll have to set up the sync settings on the Mac and your iPad device. Then sync the perspectives from the Mac to the iPad.

You'll probably want to set up OF for iPad first to sync to Omni's Sync Server solution. Sync your iPad data to Omni's Sync server to load up the data into the cloud. Then set up your Mac's OF to sync and grab the data from the cloud.

That is often the easiest to use but you can probably set up Bonjour fairly easily as well to create a local wi-fi sync solution.