The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Focus should apply also to drop-down project list Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I focus on a particular folder of projects, I would like the Project drop-down list for the Inbox items to be also restricted to the projects in the folder that I am focussing on.

anyone agree?

I can see why you'd want that, but it seems to me that it would add an extra level of confusion. When I process my inbox I'd like to be able to put tasks in any project. You can always just drag the task from the inbox to the project (either in the outline or in the project pane on the left).

I just think that if you've decided to focus on a subset of your projects, you wouldn't want to see the others at all.

I could drag & drop from the Inbox, but I find simply assigning project & context in the line a lot quicker.

Perhaps it's personal preference, and the good/bad habits from using kGTD....

Interesting idea. I actually think having all the projects available should remain. If, when focusing in on some things, you find something that doesn't belong, it will actually HELP you to focus by being able quickly to send that outlier outside of your focus where it belongs.

My vote is for not showing projects or contexs in the inbox. I like going for the real world inbox... pick up one item.. do something with it. Do not put it back in the inbox. Inbox is a one way street, collecting to processing.

If I have to go through and assign tasks to a project in the inbox, then filter the inbox by project, then go back and process the tasks in the inbox, I am touching each item two times.

And then there is the inbox items that I am never processing because I am procrastinating on a project.

I would like to assign projects & contexts to the task in the inbox, but as soon as I click off that task, the task is moved out of the inbox and into the appropriate project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean
I would like to assign projects & contexts to the task in the inbox, but as soon as I click off that task, the task is moved out of the inbox and into the appropriate project.
Currently that happens if you use the View > Clean Up command (also command-K). But you have to assign a project.