The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Setting up a recurring project with multiple options for completion Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Greetings,

Does anyone have recommendations re: the following:

I have several projects that I want to spend time on daily or weekly, but they are more habits or other ongoing maintenance work than projects that I will eventually complete. In addition, for each of them, I collect various ideas, Web sites, books to read, etc. from which I want to choose how to complete that day's task.

For example, I call one such project "Inspiration," and I want to spend fifteen minutes every day on that project. The work might entail reading a book or listening to a podcast or reviewing a Web site, and whenever I come across material that might serve, I like to clip it and add it to OmniFocus. That way, when the time comes to work on "Inspiration," I can peruse my list and choose what strikes my fancy.

How can I set up this type of repeating daily project that contains, in effect, a database of options for how to complete it each day, without 20-30 "tasks," i.e. the options I've clipped and collected, showing up in my Today perspective and overwhelming it?

Cheers,

Wayne