The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10 years - thank you! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I bought my first Mac ten years ago, a Cube running 10.0. I was not new to Apple - I had owned a IIc in the eighties - but I was new to the Mac and switching from Windows NT and Opera, I discovered Omniweb. It was one of the apps that helped me move away from Windows. So I bought a license.

Since then I have tried all kinds of alternate browsers, but I have always returned to Omniweb. What I especially liked were Omniweb's options to filter out banners and freeze animations, which turned the web from a visual roller-coaster ride into something I could use. And it is simply the most Mac-like browser.

It is by far the most used piece of software on my Mac, and from managing my finances to writing study notes, it all happens in Omniweb, every day, for ten years. I know Omniweb is for free these days, but if I calculate the cost per hour of use for that ten year old license, well, nothing in the world is that cheap, I think.

So, a big thank you for a pleasurable experience, and please continue developing Omniweb, for Mac, and hopefully someday, iOS.