The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

UI Suggestion for Links Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just watched the OF intro video and downloaded the app. I think this program has the potential to be the productivity tool for which I've been searching. I've been using it for about 20 minutes, but here are a couple suggestions regarding hyperlinks...
  • I want to be able to create links anywhere, including the title of a project or task. Apparently, this cannot be done.
  • I'd like creating links within typed text to require far fewer steps. As it is, one has to select the text and then navigate the menus to Format > Text > Link... For one thing, the link creation menu item seems out of place under text formatting. A couple other suggestions are as follows:
    • Put a Make Link item in the contextual menu that appears when right (control) clicking on selected text. This would be far more efficient (and intuitive) than navigating through hierarchical menus.
    • Put an icon in the toolbar which, when selected text is dropped on it, will display the Link Destination sheet for entering the URL.

I don't like to look at URLs. They're visual clutter! Thus, I'm always creating hyperlinks where the link is actually meaningful text and not (redundantly) just the URL itself. My biggest beef with the the updated Mail app in Leopard is that a hyperlink within a note is not preserved when that text is made into a ToDo. I was hoping link creation would be better in OF. Anyway, I'm looking forward to delving a bit deeper into OF and will make suggestions when I can.

-Steve