The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Just a couple of minor issues Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
Does the video work for you here?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...63369#26163369

Just trying to find an example that doesn't work.
Yes, that works fine. I'll keep looking. But I know I got some pages that loaded an html page that said I needed the latest flash player and offered to install it. I'm pretty sure it must be a javascript, and that it's obviously broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
Does the video work for you here?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...63369#26163369

Just trying to find an example that doesn't work.
With the latest SP, this can be made to work using OW 5.1 as the browser ID but you must completely disable all ad blocking. There is a ton of garbage javascript that loads on this page, and it's one of those. Unfortunately, owing to the site preferences Page Display bug I posted in the bug forum, you cannot scroll through the page elements to see what's there and examine the URL's before the list refreshes and jumps back to the top. This would seem to suggest that one of the ad blocking elements is hammering the script that does the browser Flash detection and loads the video ad.

This page works fine for me using the default Omniweb user agent, and with all my adblocking on (matching sizes, matching list).