The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

'Available' to include 'No Context' Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Here is a quick question for some of you OF pros:

I only use contexts for a few special areas (Errands, Thinking time, Specific People). This ultimately leaves 90% of my actions with 'No Context.'

When I use the 'Available' filter, it filters out items with 'No Context.' I would like to hide waiting items, and those items with a start date in the future, but I want to see everything else regardless of context - null or otherwise.

I have no doubt that the platform is capable of this, I just have no clue how.

Any help is much appreciated-

J

I'm afraid this might be a case where you have to conform to the tool instead of the other way around. OF expects every item to have a context. Items without a context are unavailable and will block subsequent actions. The No Context section in Context Mode is really to help the user spot items that didn't get assigned a context, not to support items that intentionally have no context.

You might try creating an "Other" context for items for which you don't have a special context. Here's how to assign all contexts to a bunch of items at once:
  1. Switch to context mode
  2. Choose Perspectives --> Remaining Items
  3. Select the No Context "context"
  4. Click in the main action list pane
  5. Choose Edit --> Select All
  6. Open the Inspector
  7. Set the context

Curt

Thanks for the reply. In addition to your suggestion, I have a standard context for all projects (so if I simply add an action to a project it picks up the Any context.

Incidentally - found your Verify next actions exist script - thanks for posting it!

-J