The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeatedly Loosing Formating Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My outlines will not retain their formatting. Any suggestions on how to correct this? If I save the outline and reopen it the formating is gone. The formating I am using is bold and various colors on the different levels of the outline. Searched the forum and did not see anything written about this previously.

Thanks

I figured out my problem. I had exported my outlines over from Notebook as .opml files. I didn't realize that OmniOutliner was still saving them as such. By changing them to save as .oo3 files they are now keeping the correct formatting.

Thanks for posting this. I was having a similar issue and couldn't figure out why it was happening.

It would have been helpful if there was a note in the Save dialog to point out the drawbacks of using OPML.