The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

active links? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
All the single actions in one of my perspectives have suddenly become active links; if you click on one, it will take you to the project. That's fine, I don't mind it, but I don't know how it happened--any ideas?
Thanks!

What happens if you go to the OmniFocus preferences, select the Styles pane, and click the Reset button at the lower left?

I haven't tried that because I've set my own styles for most things and I don't want to have to do them all again. I don't see anything in the Styles pane that looks like this, though.

I've never seen this problem myself, but others have mentioned it on the forum. In every case I'm aware of, resetting the style preferences fixed the problem.

Of course, the unfortunate side effect of this fix is that it also clears all your custom settings. That's why it'd be a good idea to save your favorite settings as a theme file. That way you can easily reapply them at any time.

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by historydoll View Post
I haven't tried that because I've set my own styles for most things and I don't want to have to do them all again. I don't see anything in the Styles pane that looks like this, though.
What about the Underline option?

How about saving your settings as a theme and posting it to the board? I'd also suggest (as an easy non-destructive experiment) saving your settings as a theme, doing the big reset, then loading the theme again.

Thanks to both of you for turning me on to themes, which I was unaware of. I'm not sure that mine is very interesting, but I'd be happy to post it. I don't really know how, though: take a screen shot and upload it??

I did just what you suggested: went back to the default--and the active links disappeared--then reloaded "my" theme. It reloaded just fine, and so did the active links! I don't mind; it's actually sort of handy, but it's odd.

Go to the Styles pane of the preferences. There's a little gear menu down at the bottom, and one of the choices is to save the current settings as a theme. Do so, saving a copy to the desktop or other convenient location. Then select that file in the Finder and use the File->Create Archive of <filename> command to turn it into a .zip file. Start a reply in the forum, and after writing your text, click the "Manage Attachments" button you'll find in the "Additional Options" section below where you compose the text. Select the .zip file and upload, then post your message. Anyone who wants to try out your theme can download it from that posting and use it.