The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Send to Inbox from the message window Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since the beginning of time (i.e., before Mac OS X), I've read my emails with the message list in one window and individual messages in their own windows.

Most of my consulting clients send requests via email. So I'm a big user of Mail > Services > OmniFocus: Send to Inbox.

Send to Inbox works fine when a message translates to a single OmniFocus task. I close the message, the Inbox window gets focus with message, I do a Send to Inbox, and then I move the message to a client folder.

So far, I have no clients that observe the one-task-per-message rule. Since Send to Inbox is available only from a message list window, I'm left switching back and forth between a single message window and my Inbox window to add several tasks to OmniFocus.

Please, please, please enable Send to Inbox from a message window.

-- Ward

[submitted as formal feedback]

Last edited by Ward; 2009-03-31 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: Edit title - Wish fulfilled immediately by Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
So far, I have no clients that observe the one-task-per-message rule. Since Send to Inbox is available only from a message list window, I'm left switching back and forth between a single message window and my Inbox window to add several tasks to OmniFocus.
Actually, you're in luck! Send to Inbox is available any time you have a selection—and in your case, you probably want to clip a small selection out of your message anyway (since, as you say, no clients observe the one-task-per-message rule).

So: just select a bit of text from your message which represents a task, and send it to your inbox. Select another bit of text, and send that to your inbox. Now you have two tasks from different portions of the same email message, both linking back to it. Does that help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case
just select a bit of text from your message which represents a task, and send it to your inbox. Select another bit of text, and send that to your inbox. Now you have two tasks from different portions of the same email message, both linking back to it. Does that help?
Wow!!! That's the fastest feature enhancement in software history!

It's also a big win when the client is longwinded, and all I need in the OmniFocus note is the essential details.

-- Ward