The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Actions listed as 'No context' but I can't find them Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is causing me to pull my hair out a little...

All my actions have to have contexts and projects, and I have a number of contexts defined. However, when looking in the context view OF reports 4 actions without context. When I click on the no context line I see nothing, even when I set the view options to Complete or Remaining.

I'm sure there's something simple I'm missing, can anyone help?

EDIT: here's 2 screenshots of the line and the view settings:

http://img.skitch.com/20090901-pe87m...tsuaj8xgci.jpg

http://img.skitch.com/20090901-gwmhy...r84kg8kxax.jpg

Last edited by labete; 2009-09-01 at 01:00 PM..

The only thing I can think of is maybe you have set focus on particular projects? I would try hitting View -> Show all projects.

Thanks Lucas. I tried this, but no joy...

I would guess you put some projects on hold, and they are not visible on the projects side. I would switch over to projects mode and make sure that "all projects" is selected in the projects filter. I didn't think that that would still make them show up in the no context group, but I could be mistaken about that. There's only a handful of places for actions to hide, really.

Go to View > Planning Mode. Create a new project and name it ProjectA. Do not assign a default context to the project. Create a task in that project and name it Task1. Do not assign a context to the task. Go to View > Context Mode. Be sure the View Bar settings match those in your first image. Does the count badge for No Context increase by one? Are you able to see Task1 in No Context?

Last edited by kaijin; 2009-09-05 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: Added information about View Bar

Hi Kaijin,

I've done this and I am able to see Task1 in No Context. The count has increased to 5 and Task1 is the only task that is visible.