The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mind map Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It would be great if OmniPlan could import, better synchronize with mind maps. Even better if the mind mapping software could be OmniGraffle improved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsmw
It would be great if OmniPlan could import, better synchronize with mind maps. Even better if the mind mapping software could be OmniGraffle improved?
I agree about the OGP improvements, but if you are interested NovaMind will create maps from Omnioutliner - and send it back again. This is the way I use them at the moment. Now if OGP could import a scan of my handrawn maps, turm them into computer generated versions and export to OOP etc we would be on fire!

ericsmw:

We do have a feature request for this in our database. I'll add another vote to it for you.

Zoolok:

That's good to know. I wonder, can you use NovaMind to export to OmniOutliner, then import that OmniOutliner file into OmniPlan without any issues?

Support for MindManager would rock! MindManager has always reminded me of an OmniGroup product. Great UI, polished and intuitive.

Now a true MindMapping product from you guys would be even better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwong
ericsmw:

We do have a feature request for this in our database. I'll add another vote to it for you.

Zoolok:

That's good to know. I wonder, can you use NovaMind to export to OmniOutliner, then import that OmniOutliner file into OmniPlan without any issues?
The most practical combination, by far, I have used for mindmap + Gantt is MindManager + JCVGantt (simultaneous viewing and edition). That's a Windows solution.
OmniPlan is great! Dreaming of an Omni-integration of the same type...
While waiting for it, I have tried for instance to export from MindManager in MSProject format into OmniPlan but part of the data is lost or distorted. Not a workable solution so far.

OmniGraffle is great for creating Mindmaps.

The problem is it is terrable for Brain Storming. It is a huge shame there is no good Onmi way to brainstorm.

My preffered work routes would be.

Creating new content.
|Brain Storm| -> Omni Outliner -> Puplication App for written component
|Brain Storm| -> Omni Graffle -> Publication App for visual
|Brain Storm| -> Omni Focus/Plan for planning

Editing/Reviewing Content
Content -> Brain Storm

I love the hierarchical nature of Omni Outliner and Brainstorming. It's a great shame that there aren't good was of importing documents into Outliner using their hierarhical information. For instance most documents have a heading hierarchy.

Unfortunatly to do this would require significant work. The structural nature would have to come from outliner the graphical nature would be like Graffle. It would be more like outliner with a gui.

Charles

I used to use Inspiration, and for the past few years I've used MindManager.

I would truly prefer, however, to use OmniOutliner for mind mapping - especially if it were sold for a typically fair Omni Price (not cheap, but fair!).

So please add my vote to the list.