The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Search like in Safari 3 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Frankly, my favorite browser strictly from a search standpoint is Firefox, because it's integrated into the browser's main window, and, best of all, when the focus is on the site and you want to search for something, all you have to do is start typing. No command-f and then using the mouse to select the search field, something which annoys me endlessly in Safari.

OmniWeb's so close to being everything I need in a browser -- this is definitely one of the things that needs to change for 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightPutting View Post
Frankly, my favorite browser strictly from a search standpoint is Firefox, because it's integrated into the browser's main window, and, best of all, when the focus is on the site and you want to search for something, all you have to do is start typing. No command-f and then using the mouse to select the search field, something which annoys me endlessly in Safari.

OmniWeb's so close to being everything I need in a browser -- this is definitely one of the things that needs to change for 5.7
With SafariStand, you can enable this functionality in Safari as well. It's convenient, to be sure, but at times I find it annoying as well.

Yes!! Another vote here. OW's search feature is so 2000! It's way behind Safari and Firefox. Please bring this to OW!! I find myself switching to Safari whenever I need to use the searching functionality.

Add my vote.

Aye. My vote too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcoreUFO View Post
That isnt a great substitute for Safari's search, as you cannot then move among the highlighted search terms -- you have to look for them manually.
It does, hit command+g

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightPutting View Post
There's already a similar function that serves another purpose. That said, you must have installed something or changed something in FF to make it so you don't have to hit command+f. With a default install, you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by migueld View Post
Yes!! Another vote here. OW's search feature is so 2000! It's way behind Safari and Firefox. Please bring this to OW!! I find myself switching to Safari whenever I need to use the searching functionality.
So 2000 eh? Safari didn't come out until 2003 and Firefox not until 2004. Safari had the same/worse find support as OW until last year. IIRC, FF got incremental find support with version 2 in 2006.

I'd like this.